Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Bhavesh Pande

Forwarded satsang

We are, because he is

Guru Govind dou khade Kake Lagoon Paye Govind se Guru bade Jo Govind Dikhaye IN THESE lines Kabir wonders whose feet he should touch when both God and guru are before him. Then he realizes that without the blessings of the guru one cannot get to Govind (God). In our case, however, there is no confusion: Guruji is God. I first heard about Guruji when I used to visit my maternal uncle Col (retd.) S.K. Joshi. That was around 1996 and the cynical youth in me would not allow me to place my full faith in Guruji. It was the first week of April 1997 when I had my first darshan of Guruji in Chandigarh. He asked me where I had come from and I told him that I was Col Joshi's nephew and had come from Jaipur. He placed his palms on my head and said, "Kalyan ho (Blessings)." Two days later, when I returned to Delhi, I had a job offer I was looking forward to. Instant kalyan, you see. And this when I had refused chai prasad and langar in Chandigarh. Guruji's darshan did not change me much. Some more time was to pass before I realized his omnipotence. Even this is preordained by Guruji. Meanwhile, Guruji shifted his abode to Delhi. I frequented Delhi, but for almost two and a half years I did not go for his darshan. By this time, my sister and mother had become fully devoted to him; I was still my old self.

My mother and I had been looking for a match for my sister for two years. Then in April 2000 a call came from my sister's fatherin-law-to-be saying that they wanted the match to be finalized. My sister was in Delhi at that time and showed Guruji the prospective groom's photo. Guruji simply said, "Changa munda hai (he is a good boy)" and our worries disappeared. The marriage was finalized for January 2001 with Guruji's blessings, and my perspective began to change as events unfolded. The marriage was to be held at the grounds of the school where my mother teaches. After discussions with the caterer, we decided on the location of the tandoor and the cooking area. Three days before the wedding, the school director, a devotee of Guruji, came and told us that Guruji had told her, in her dream, to change the location of the cooking arrangements. Though I did not think much of it, my mother immediately changed the area where the kitchen was set up. The marriage went off very well and even today people talk of the delicious dinner. Such incidents only emphasize or rather point to Guruji's omnipresence. However, then I was still myself—cynical and un-baptized in faith. Fifteen days after my sister's marriage, I changed. I was returning from my office on my bike. I was on the highway, and it was quite late in the night. Suddenly, a street dog collided with my front wheel. I was at such a speed that had even a pebble hit the wheels, I would have been thrown off balance. A roadways bus was breathing down my neck and had I tripped over that would have been the end. But with Guruji's blessings and to the surprise of the few onlookers, I did not lose balance and survived. I felt like saying thank you, God, and bowed my head in front of a temple en route to my house. Just then, Guruji's fragrance wafted through the air. At that very moment, all my reason (or cynicism) left me, and I bowed my head mentally to Guruji. The transformation from a cynic to a follower was almost instantaneous.

– Satsang of Bhavesh Pande, senior executive with Indian Oil Corporation

๐Ÿƒ๐ŸŒน Dhan Guru Ji Malik๐ŸŒน๐Ÿƒ

No comments:

Post a Comment